Is this board officially dead?

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Is this board officially dead?

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 pm

its hard top believe how the activity on this board has fallen to about nothing..........it wasn't that long ago that things on here would be popping 24/7..........now there is little activity anytime......why???
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Re: Is this board officially dead?

Postby 96fanatic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:21 pm

[quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”]its hard top believe how the activity on this board has fallen to about nothing..........it wasn’t that long ago that things on here would be popping 24/7..........now there is little activity anytime......why???[/quote]

people just lose interest. some look but
don’t post.i am just waiting to see what
the 96 six coach will do next year.they had
14 srs. this year on a roster of 40.the c team
had over 30 but only 3 were in the 9th grade.
the rest were 7th and 8th graders.the coach said
they will have a middle school team next year
we will see.
96fanatic
All-American

Postby Atownmike » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 pm

I hope 96 gets back to having a JV program next year.
Atownmike
Freshman

Postby VA Rebel » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:37 pm

I am waiting to see the jobs that open this year. They seemed to ba a bunch last year. Was last year a normal turnover rate or abnormally high?
VA Rebel
Freshman

Postby jhs65 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Beau Diddley died. Board went with him.
Go Bluff Dogs and Clemson Tigers
jhs65
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:53 pm

[quote=“jhs65”]Beau Diddley died. Board went with him.[/quote]

nah..........this board was huge for many, many years before bo ever joined.........it had slowed a lot by the time bo came around and it wasn't much when he died........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:01 pm

[quote=“96fanatic”][quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”]its hard top believe how the activity on this board has fallen to about nothing..........it wasn’t that long ago that things on here would be popping 24/7..........now there is little activity anytime......why???[/quote]

people just lose interest. some look but
don’t post.i am just waiting to see what
the 96 six coach will do next year.they had
14 srs. this year on a roster of 40.the c team
had over 30 but only 3 were in the 9th grade.
the rest were 7th and 8th graders.the coach said
they will have a middle school team next year
we will see.[/quote]

getting all 3 teams back up and running is his next priority.........if he can get that in place the program will start to move forward again..........this click i warned you folks about decimated the entire program.........top to bottom........its going to take a few more years before 96 will be a real challenge for good teams..........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby Dick Rambone » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Einstein tried to revive the board to what it was like just a few years ago when any thread he created would get 5000 - 8000 hits, but even that monkey couldn't keep the fans interested. Times have changed...
Dick Rambone
Freshman

Postby TIM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:18 pm

sadly this board is a shell of its former self. but i'm afraid hs football is declining in interest as well. i know attendance has been down the last few years at every game i've attended. people seem to want to do different things on friday nights now and football is getting such a bad rep b/c of injuries. :(
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 pm

[quote=“TIM”]sadly this board is a shell of its former self. but i’m afraid hs football is declining in interest as well. i know attendance has been down the last few years at every game i’ve attended. people seem to want to do different things on friday nights now and football is getting such a bad rep b/c of injuries. :([/quote]

about 5 years ago in the political room here ( they shut it down ) i told those people.........enjoy high school football all you can now..........it is about to change.......high school football lives and dies by small town friday nights..........make no mistake..........i knew then that many of these small towns were on the way to becoming poverty stricken slums and when that happened pride would go out the door.......and when pride in the school and town went, high school football would go with it.........NAFTA.........when you shut down 70,000 plants and industries, all small towns get gutted.......football is just another victim.......along with many other things........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Return to Class 2A