Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

Postby SaludaTigerAlumni » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Abbeville 28
Bamberg 6
SaludaTigerAlumni
Freshman

Postby Superman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:01 pm

BE 0 Abb 0 at the half!
Superman
JV

Postby Garnet&Black » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:19 pm

I like to say to the red raider football team you have nothing to be down about. You can hold you heads up because you left in on the field tonight. Tonight I saw a slipper knocker of a game. But we just have to learn in a game like this you can't beat yourself by making mistakes in a big game. You can't ask from more from our defense. Coach Crosby love you but I think it's time to look at things from a business stand point. The your offensive coaching staff needs an overhaul. That's holding this program back from getting over the hump. Has been for many years. That was the worst clock management I have ever seen with 3&1/2 to go. Abbeville is what we thought they were. Nothing I saw tonight from them says their program is better than ours. A combination of poor officiating, conservative play calling and 1 untimely turnover is what hurt us tonight.Abbeville you escape once again but looking at these 2a programs they all are getting better. It will be interesting to see how you guys can keep it going. I wish one day we could put each on the schedule would be a beginning of a new rivalry.
Garnet&Black
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Abbeville won the championship rounds......that was the difference in the game......in the 4th quarter the aville program beat the B-E program.......they out coached them.......out played them......out smarted them.......and out conditioned them.....what aville did after the punt return was very impressive......they defined what it takes to beat a champion.......AND.....a championship program..........very impressive......
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Abbeville's comeback was impressive.
Oldtimer
Freshman

Postby All We Do Is Win » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Billy if Abbeville and Dillon played this year who do you think would get the win?
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby wildcat92 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Congratulations Abbeville! I hope we can bring home the trophy tomorrow as well.Nothing but respect for your program.
wildcat92
JV

Postby *Topcat* » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 pm

[quote=“Garnet&Black”]I like to say to the red raider football team you have nothing to be down about. You can hold you heads up because you left in on the field tonight. Tonight I saw a slipper knocker of a game. But we just have to learn in a game like this you can’t beat yourself by making mistakes in a big game. You can’t ask from more from our defense. Coach Crosby love you but I think it’s time to look at things from a business stand point. The your offensive coaching staff needs an overhaul. That’s holding this program back from getting over the hump. Has been for many years. That was the worst clock management I have ever seen with 3&1/2 to go. Abbeville is what we thought they were. Nothing I saw tonight from them says their program is better than ours. A combination of poor officiating, conservative play calling and 1 untimely turnover is what hurt us tonight.Abbeville you escape once again but looking at these 2a programs they all are getting better. It will be interesting to see how you guys can keep it going. I wish one day we could put each on the schedule would be a beginning of a new rivalry.[/quote]
Escape once again? What does that mean? Are you comparing programs....or just this years teams? Because this years teams are close indeed....but we have won 3 straight titles....the last 2 in blowout fashion. We blew out B-E in 2010 also. We will contend next year too....we have a bunch of good younger players. My hats off to B-E tonight....great team and great effort.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby Garnet&Black » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 am

There come back was impressive...If I am not mistaken we was only upby 7 points with almost 9 minutes to play. So how that comeback so impressive to a come back on a team they where predicted to defeat by at least 3tds? The kid tried to be hero an return the ball instead of just falling to the ground. That happens it would have overtime anyone's game. Call it what ever you want but that was the difference. We had our shot twice to score early but the pass was overthrown to a wide open receiver. The other poor play calling at the 1 yard line. Congrats to the Panthers but they are not as dominate as "People" think they are over the 2a elite team's.
Garnet&Black
Freshman

Postby Atown » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:16 am

This was an all out war tonight between two great teams. Both team’s defense made huge plays to overcome turnovers deep in their own territory. BE ran the punt back and looked to have control of the game but the Abbeville offense responded. After scoring the tie BE fumbled the ensuing kickoff and Abbeville scored quickly on a obviously tiring BE defense. Hats off to a great BE defense. Those kids laid it all on the line tonight. Abbeville showed the heart and determination of a champion and take home another state title.
Atown
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A