Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

Postby All We Do Is Win » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Going with Abbeville in this one. Hopefully A-Town will drop Hartsville and pick up a home and away series with Dillon in the near future
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby *Topcat* » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:19 pm

[quote=“Trojan Horse”][quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”]A’ville wins this one.............when you can run the ball at the level aville does..........and play defense like they do........ there are actually very few ways to beat them............[/quote]

Abbeville better be able to throw the ball, I wouldn’t hang my hat on running the ball all night. No disrespect to Saluda, but they only scored 20 on Saluda.....Bamberg’s defense is a lot better than the Tigers. Again, I think Abbeville finds a way and wins simply because Bamberg is not good enough offensively.[/quote]
B-L scored 21 on Bamberg.....Saluda shut B-L out. :!: :!: :!:
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:24 am

[quote=”*Topcat*”][quote=“Trojan Horse”][quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”]A’ville wins this one.............when you can run the ball at the level aville does..........and play defense like they do........ there are actually very few ways to beat them............[/quote]

Abbeville better be able to throw the ball, I wouldn’t hang my hat on running the ball all night. No disrespect to Saluda, but they only scored 20 on Saluda.....Bamberg’s defense is a lot better than the Tigers. Again, I think Abbeville finds a way and wins simply because Bamberg is not good enough offensively.[/quote]
B-L scored 21 on Bamberg.....Saluda shut B-L out. :!: :!: :!:[/quote]

this crowd here in Gilbert was 12-0 and had convinced themselves that they could handle Dillon............WRONG !!!!...........bamberg hasn't faced the running monster aville is.......like Dusty Rhodes said........"They gone lern Saturday".......... :D
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby 1fan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 am

[quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”][quote=”*Topcat*”][quote=“Trojan Horse”][quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”]A’ville wins this one.............when you can run the ball at the level aville does..........and play defense like they do........ there are actually very few ways to beat them............[/quote]

B-L scored 21 on Bamberg.....Saluda shut B-L out. :!: :!: :!:[/quote]

this crowd here in Gilbert was 12-0 and had convinced themselves that they could handle Dillon............WRONG !!!!...........bamberg hasn’t faced the running monster aville is.......like Dusty Rhodes said........“They gone lern Saturday”.......... :D[/quote]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhRFnUn72E
1fan
Freshman

Postby Trojan Horse » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:55 am

Again, I’m not arguing the fact that Abbeville is a very good football program, but the fact that Saluda shut out a BL team without Cannon is not real impressive. Bamberg’s defense will make Abbeville throw the ball more than they want to and keep them in the game. The question will be can Bamberg find a way to score.
Trojan Horse
Freshman

Postby ahspanther07 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Atown by 14. B-E’s defense hasn’t seen a rushing attack as strong as the A-bone
ahspanther07
Freshman

Postby Gametime3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:46 pm

I seen some of Abbeville football films from this year and they try to get the ball on the edge, if Abbeville think they're gonna run the ball all night they prob won't even score...
Gametime3
Freshman

Postby TIM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:21 pm

if the abbeville team i watched play hartsville shows up, the panthers will win.

if the abbeville team i watched play saluda shows up, bamberg will win.

I think this will be a low scoring slobber knocker.
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Postby flying eagle » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Abbeville 14 B E 0
flying eagle
All-American

Postby Red Raidernation2010 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:56 pm

I think Abbeville may score some points but I don't expect it to be a blowout. Watching the Panthers, they can score no doubt and have speed.Great program and tradition. Running the football mainly. If you can slow their wishbone offense it will force them to throw which few teams have. The Panthers are banged up too but still are the favorite to win it.

Now Bamberg on the other hand, people think they can't score but they can either passing or running the football. Keep thinking they can't score. This is a different team from earlier this year. Earlier this year, B-E had a lot to work on. The season went on and they got better. The Red Raiders do have speed at all positions too on both sides and are extremely stingy on defense. Try throwing the ball up and see what happens. My Red Raiders are the underdog but Id rather be the underdog lol. Just makes the game more interesting.

This is with both teams, the one who commits the least turnovers and scores more than the other is the winner. Hope both teams begin and end this game with no injuries.

I'm taking the Red Raiders with this one. Somebody gotta win.

Bamberg 24
Abbeville 21

:ugeek:
Red Raidernation2010
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A