McCormick

The conversation and activity is fast and furious on the Class 1A board. The schools may be small in enrollments but the hearts and support of the Class 1A fans are the biggest in South Carolina.

Re: McCormick

Postby DeAndre » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:03 pm

He was wearing Emerald gear at the Larrns 7 on 7 earlier today.
What's up with dat?
DeAndre
Freshman

Postby catof2006 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:10 pm

If he was wiling to help at McCormick and is teaching there and the HC don’t need him? The staff must be loaded with state champions. bet there are none other than leftovers from when neal was there before. Mccormick never ceases to amaze me.
catof2006
Freshman

Postby catof2006 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:01 am

Just heard the scoop.
committee picked pratt over neal after a long debate. Supt nor the board had input and left to discression of the committee. A couple of members wanted a local and believed that pratt deserved a chance despite resume and experience limitations since he'd been there a long time and they would not give in.

The supt. Called neal the day after and asked him if he would be interested in being on staff to help pratt. Neal agreed. Pratt also asked neal to be on staff and be the OC. the supt sent neal a teaching contract which neal signed. The next day, pratt texts neal to tell him he doesn't have room on his staff. That's when neal contacted emerald to see if they were interested. The HC immediately returned his called and offered him a position.

Last my source heard, neal is going to teach in mccormick and coach baseball because he agreed to, but coach football at emerald.

It is also my understanding neal turned down several other opportunities because he believed he was going to McCormick and coach football there only to have this happen. Crazy!!
catof2006
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:21 pm

[quote=“catof2006”]Just heard the scoop.
committee picked pratt over neal after a long debate. Supt nor the board had input and left to discression of the committee. A couple of members wanted a local and believed that pratt deserved a chance despite resume and experience limitations since he’d been there a long time and they would not give in.

The supt. Called neal the day after and asked him if he would be interested in being on staff to help pratt. Neal agreed. Pratt also asked neal to be on staff and be the OC. the supt sent neal a teaching contract which neal signed. The next day, pratt texts neal to tell him he doesn’t have room on his staff. That’s when neal contacted emerald to see if they were interested. The HC immediately returned his called and offered him a position.

Last my source heard, neal is going to teach in mccormick and coach baseball because he agreed to, but coach football at emerald.

It is also my understanding neal turned down several other opportunities because he believed he was going to McCormick and coach football there only to have this happen. Crazy!![/quote]

that is exactly what happened..........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:04 am

I don't blame the head coach for not wanting his help. Neal was there before and won the trust of the kids and the community, only to leave them high and dry. I wouldn't trust him and the community shouldn't either.

Neal was at Aiken and managed to become the worst coach in Aiken history. Why isn't he still in Aiken? Why leave a head coaching job to apply for a new job? He resigned at Aiken, but I'm sure it wasn't because he wanted to....I said when he first got hired at Aiken, if he didn't win, they would get rid of him....Trust me, he didn't win.

Neal turned his back on McCormick and I'm glad this new coach turned his back on Neal. It's called Karma.
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:45 am

[quote=“ST Rebels 72”]I don’t blame the head coach for not wanting his help. Neal was there before and won the trust of the kids and the community, only to leave them high and dry. I wouldn’t trust him and the community shouldn’t either.

Neal was at Aiken and managed to become the worst coach in Aiken history. Why isn’t he still in Aiken? Why leave a head coaching job to apply for a new job? He resigned at Aiken, but I’m sure it wasn’t because he wanted to....I said when he first got hired at Aiken, if he didn’t win, they would get rid of him....Trust me, he didn’t win.

Neal turned his back on McCormick and I’m glad this new coach turned his back on Neal. It’s called Karma.[/quote]

if you think for a minute the guy they hired is on the same level as neal, you are kidding yourself.....neal has nothing left to prove at mccormick.........he raised them to a level none had seen before.........and then higher pay was offered by someone else........and you bash him for taking the money ???............that is pure class........aiken has problems and the administration did not want neal to leave........THAT IS A FACT........he was asked to stay.......not to leave........stop pulling false accusations out of nowhere about a good coach......as well as i remember, he beat your guy.......stop being a sore loser...........and have some respect.......BYW, what happens after the season starts will tell the story about the chiefs.........make sure you are not hard to find......
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:41 am

Billy, I could care less about Neal and how great of a coach you think he is. Yes Aiken beat ST last year, but that was one out of three attempts, so why should I be so upset about that.

As for the new coach at McCormick, I wish him great success.

Neal did do a good job at McCormick and bailed on them. That is fact. He left for more money, great for him, but my question is, why leave Aiken for no money and try and return to a school that you bailed on for less money? Why resign from a job that you wanted to go backwards? Neal left Aiken before they fired him. His record at Aiken was the worst in school history. You are the one who said he would make champions out of them. Imagine that, your champion coach is only champion of leaving schools that want to keep him....and I don’t think Aiken wanted another minute with that dude as head coach. I also don’t blame the new coach at McCormick for not wanting him on his staff either.

I find it strange for a great football head coach to be coaching baseball at one school and assistant coach at another school. There were quit a few positions available around the state and he applied for a lot of them and no one hired this great coach.

Sounds like he should have stayed where he was wanted....he kind of reminds me of you. Not wanted anywhere.
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:14 pm

[quote=“ST Rebels 72”]Billy, I could care less about Neal and how great of a coach you think he is. Yes Aiken beat ST last year, but that was one out of three attempts, so why should I be so upset about that.

As for the new coach at McCormick, I wish him great success.

Neal did do a good job at McCormick and bailed on them. That is fact. He left for more money, great for him, but my question is, why leave Aiken for no money and try and return to a school that you bailed on for less money? Why resign from a job that you wanted to go backwards? Neal left Aiken before they fired him. His record at Aiken was the worst in school history. You are the one who said he would make champions out of them. Imagine that, your champion coach is only champion of leaving schools that want to keep him....and I don’t think Aiken wanted another minute with that dude as head coach. I also don’t blame the new coach at McCormick for not wanting him on his staff either.

I find it strange for a great football head coach to be coaching baseball at one school and assistant coach at another school. There were quit a few positions available around the state and he applied for a lot of them and no one hired this great coach.

Sounds like he should have stayed where he was wanted....he kind of reminds me of you. Not wanted anywhere.[/quote]

Aiken did not want Neal to leave...........Neal did not leave Aiken to return to McCormick.........you are just spreading lies without any idea what you are talking about..........you worry about your team's undisciplined play and their legendary choking in the playoffs......that will keep you plenty busy......
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 pm

He left to be unemployed as a head football coach, that makes a lot of sense to me. It's obvious he didn't leave to go to McCormick, because he was never offered a job there. As a matter of fact, he hasn't been offered a job as a head coach anywhere. Not even for a rec league.

So tell us why he left Aiken after his stellar career there. I'm sure Aiken would have loved to keep the worst coach they ever had for at least 10 more losing seasons. After all, why would they want to risk Winning when they can stay consistent and continue to lose under great leadership.
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:08 am

[quote=“ST Rebels 72”]He left to be unemployed as a head football coach, that makes a lot of sense to me. It’s obvious he didn’t leave to go to McCormick, because he was never offered a job there. As a matter of fact, he hasn’t been offered a job as a head coach anywhere. Not even for a rec league.

So tell us why he left Aiken after his stellar career there. I’m sure Aiken would have loved to keep the worst coach they ever had for at least 10 more losing seasons. After all, why would they want to risk Winning when they can stay consistent and continue to lose under great leadership.[/quote]

you are completely lost..........you have zero idea.....
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 1A