heads should roll at gaffney high part 2!

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: heads should roll at gaffney high part 2!

Postby notabyrnesfan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm

fyi, donnie ray looked like someone pissed in his cereal in the pictures of dennis smith signing his scholarship today on facebook. i read that as dan staying, smiley being promoted or the superintendent getting her way and doing whats best for the program. two out of three options are good news with the possibility of great news!
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby notabyrnesfan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 pm

i have just heard from the source of sources that the decision has been made and coach jones will be back next season. as i stated yesterday i have mixed emotions, i just cant fathom how a program that fancies itself as elite can lose in the first round of the playoffs in three out of the past five years and didnt host a home playoff game for five years until this past season cant have made any changes by now. i dont know of any lesser programs that would wait that long. not to mention they have lost thousands of dollars in ticket sales the last three years, i guess limestone paying to use the field covers some of that but it will get to a point where it eventually hurts the athletic budget very badly! i can see from coach jones' point of view not wanting to leave with all of this wave of talent coming through, the rising juniors as a ninth grade team werent touched and no one came within two tds of them and they will all be back together next season (some skipped jv this past season). i want to believe that its so much talent no one could possibly mess it up but weve just seen it happen over and over again especially with this offensive staff. doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity. i can only imagine what college coaches think when they see our ocs play calling. on the play at dorman in crunch time trailing by four points and calling the heavy package they had to think it was going to be a jump pass or some kind of wrinkle but to run heavy off right tackle on 4th & 7 with a trip to the state championship game on the line is a cataclysmic mistake!! it was also right at midfield so you could have easily punted and played field position, the gaffney d was playing lights out! those college coaches had to think was there a flag? was that a free play for gaffney?!? we see stuff like this every week! all humans make mistakes but you would have thought a 5 year old made that play call with a chance as i said to go to the state championship game. the dorman fans and coaches had to be like “thank you, we appreciate it.” if littlejohn had any pride for the school he claims to love or heck even for himself he would simply step down as oc and at least move back to ol coach. i seriously dont see how someone can do such a piss poor job and look themselves in the mirror. at the end of the day we have 15, 16 and 17 year old young men being shortchanged in the coaching department and it is a crying shame for a once proud program!
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby daCoacher » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 pm

If this true Gaffney may NEVER reach the promised land again. Byrnes will win before Gaffney now.
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:36 pm

State lawmakers say eliminating that $10,000 income cap is one way to keep thousands of teachers like Jackson in the classroom, a solution needed to curb the state’s continued teacher shortage, they say.

This month, state Sen. Mike Fanning, D-Fairfield, introduced a bill that would would exempt certified teachers from the $10,000 earnings cap, allowing them to continue teaching while drawing their retirement pay.

http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-g ... 32499.html

i guess this is why coach jones is staying. he got a christmas miracle, unbelievable! :cry:
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby cutiger1900 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Never could understand all the “experts” or those “in the know” saying Earley was coming to Gaffney

Someone VERY high up in A5 told me he signed a 4 yr extension and said he had NO INTEREST in Gaffney job. Said “way too many people to please up there”.
cutiger1900
Freshman

Postby notabyrnesfan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:27 pm

you were right about earley not coming to gaffney but someone did give you some bad info, sc teachers and coaches can only sign a contract one year at a time, there are no multi-year contracts.

[quote=“cutiger1900”]Never could understand all the “experts” or those “in the know” saying Earley was coming to Gaffney

Someone VERY high up in A5 told me he signed a 4 yr extension and said he had NO INTEREST in Gaffney job. Said “way too many people to please up there”.[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby Colbyc36 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Did you hear that one about Tina? Some say she is much too loose.
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 am

“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 am

“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby cutiger1900 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 pm

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”]you were right about earley not coming to gaffney but someone did give you some bad info, sc teachers and coaches can only sign a contract one year at a time, there are no multi-year contracts.

[quote=“cutiger1900”]Never could understand all the “experts” or those “in the know” saying Earley was coming to Gaffney

Someone VERY high up in A5 told me he signed a 4 yr extension and said he had NO INTEREST in Gaffney job. Said “way too many people to please up there”.[/quote][/quote]

You do not know the details but this is true
cutiger1900
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A