St. Frances Academy - can't find nobody to play'em, "What"!

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

St. Frances Academy - can't find nobody to play'em, "What"!

Postby 5thqtr » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:41 pm

I don't believe schools should recruit and play public schools; unless that public school is just looking to "test their might" if you will. Otherwise, no kidding, play with other teams who have hand picked talent, geez!

They lucky we ran out of gas or this little South Carolina boys from College Downs, Sunset Park, South Land Park, Green St. and surrounding area would have whooped up on them! And, we went to Baltimore to get play them! That game was played here or on a true neutral field; different outcome SFA!

I think their coach started something with the right intention and right heart. But, it has grown out of control. If they don't get the money to travel all over like IMG this program may be gone before long. I don't think it's a racial matter; I think teams genuinely know; "ain't no need"! Funny though - when SFA was horrible they had no problem scheduling them. LOL! Some of these kids would still have been playing; but they had no direction. No place to practice etc. So, they were not good. Funny how those squads still suited up and even ran up the score on some of the same type kids who field today's team! It ain't no fun when the rabbit has the . . .
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/football/bs-md-st-frances-football-20180606-story.html
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: St. Frances Academy - can't find nobody to play'em, "Wh

Postby SackThe_Back » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:32 am

The iMG model has caused a divide only fixable by creating 2 seprate divisions: A "Elite Schools" (Charters, IMG prep like schools, Private schools who spend money and get a ton of recruits like Bishop Gorman) division a "Regular" Public/Private school division. If a good "regular" school whats to play a Elite school, good for them.

If the problems aren't addressed soon, there could me major consequences.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Re: St. Frances Academy - can't find nobody to play'em, "Wh

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:21 pm

I agree; STB! I like your plan too!

Hopefully, the powers that be see your plan and go with it. Miami Central, Miami Northwestern I would call National champs of "true h.s. football" on the years they were really good. Maybe even Byrnes a few of the years they won it. No way I look at those silly polls and take them serious when you have freshmen college teams assembled! FULL DISCLAIMER: I know every kid on those teams aren't seniors; but they are likely a soon to be college bound kid.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Return to Class 4A