NW head football coach was investigated by school district

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: NW head football coach was investigated by school distri

by racincowboy02 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:02 am

OMG You have got to be kidding me. Sounds like Mommie and Daddy need to quit hovering and babying this kid. He gets hurt in weightlifting class and its the coaches fault, He gets hurt in a football game 2 years ago why wasn't that brought up the day it happened is beyond me
racincowboy02
All-American

by Trojanlatex » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:53 pm

A headache that could have been avoided, Northwestern should have hire a s/c coach to replace coach West.
Trojanlatex
JV

by 3-3 Stack » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:31 am

[quote=“Trojanlatex”]A headache that could have been avoided, Northwestern should have hire a s/c coach to replace coach West.[/quote]
The article says West IS certified in S&C.
3-3 Stack
All-American

by PurpleandOrange » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Northwestern is a complete dumpster fire right now when it comes to the adult leadership in the entire school and athletic department. A ton of backstabbing and everyone with their own agenda. This article barely scrapped the surface of what all is really going on. Then combine this with the mass exodus of athletes that are leaving at the end of the school year for Legion Academy. It will be staggering for multiple programs within the school. It's time for Principal Massey to step up to the plate and take control of Northwestern! Remove the cancers that plague the school and get it back on a course for success. Unfortunately this won't be an easy task nor will it happen overnight. The current rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who stay the course and don't bolt for greener pastures will be the ones who pay the price for the negligence within the ranks. They will need all of the support possible from the Trojan faithful!
GO TROJANS!!!
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

by Trojanlatex » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:32 pm

Ok, I was thinking coach West had left the program. I actually thought he left last year, anyway hope they clean up this situation.
Trojanlatex
JV

by bhmccorm » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:02 am

Purple and Orange was right, that first article was only what was available on the record. But no one involved is talking, so I'm having to go at it from different, slower angles.

Here's one follow-up that jumped out to me, the state's certification requirements for weightlifting teachers: https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... est_sports

And West tweeted last weekend that he's headed to South Pointe, told me he starts this coming Monday, though I didn't get that confirmed by anyone else.
bhmccorm
JV

by PurpleandOrange » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am

Be careful what you say!! To much truth started pouring out in bhmccorm's similar thread on SCPrepsTalk and it got deleted.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

by Beanie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:44 am

Looks like he is gone.
Beanie
Freshman

by region2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Sounds like the group of parents, administrators, or whomever was after the coach succeeded in their efforts this morning.
region2
All-American

Next

Return to Class 5A