South Pointe Stallions - Still Standing!

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

South Pointe Stallions - Still Standing!

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:21 pm

This video came to mind watching the young Stallions last night. Also, finding about interest 5 or 6 of the Fr, So are "already getting from FBS schools".

You can't simply replace a DK @ QB right? But, you can put in a kid who is a winner can't you! Who has different skills that help you win just as many games! QB is like most of the positions that had to fill; in good hands.

----------->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAGJJNMywK8
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: South Pointe Stallions - Still Standing!

Postby Jsing » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm

HSF Schedule/Watch-CN2
Jsing
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Put the Rock Hill game on loop coaches! During practice or during pre-game the rest of the year!
Stallions don't make excuses and you have to give RH credit no matter what their record is: "they play us like their life is depending on it"! Good for them!

The truth is unless I am mistaken: if the Stallions can win the region we would have home field throughout I believe! We went on the road last year despite all the wins; and I seem to remember it's based on pre-set region brackets. And IF that's the case - the young guys on the SP Stallions have plenty of time to be ready if somebody goes down we usually depend on. Hopefully we just get better and better and by the time "it counts" are one of the teams in the mix! Been peeping out some of the teams scores who are expected to challenge. They might be better at this point. But, the talent on the Stallions team is really good. Above average and capable ........... but young! Had we played RH in say week 5 I have all the confidence in the world we would have showed up better prepared to deal with a motivated Bearcats team.
Give them time and they are going to be dangerous! Better get us now!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby region2 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Well hopefully they won't lose again, or this forum will lose half of it's posters like it did last week. Many wondered if everyone on that end of Rock Hill may have broken their fingers as the constant talk suddenly went silent. Wildstallion even seemed to quit his daily postings.
region2
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Region 2 - I sense your sarcasm. My question is; what exactly did you want us to talk about? Most of WS2 post are: "motivation for all you football players"! The vast majority of my post I get called out for "po-mouthing"! In other words, giving the opponents a ton of credit and hoping my team wins"! Seems like your trying to label us "some braggers" and we aren't! We can't help if other people don't post about their team as much! Not our fault! If this board was saturated with Greer Fans, Hartsville Fans, Myrtle Beach, Weastwood, etc. fans nobody could even come close to saying we brag!
But, I get why you felt compelled to post that little bit. Laughable! And confirmation at the same time!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Somebody asked me, "5thqtr, what do you make of the Stallions losing to Rock Hill and only beating Greenville by 1 at home"?

After laughing I simply said, "wait"!
Wait and see if you don't get a totally version of the South Pointe Football Stallions come Region, Playoffs!

I told them the story of the American Auto industry and how complacent they got in the late 60's and 70's and early 80's! They got lazy and unfocused on doing the little things to keep consumers happy. Why did they stop; because there was no competition. In comes Datsun heavy starting in the 70's then Toyota then Honda and bam...……………….the slide began! He asked, "what does that have to do with SP"? I went on to tell him imagine having gone through seasons and rarely losing. Seemingly always finding success. Now imagine doing that as a teen. A new age - new mentality teen! Who knows, maybe even the coaches too! I told him, "complacency is a mug"! "Taking things for granted is a mug"! He seemed to understand!

I don't see a hungry football team who want to go out and "prove their collective worth"! I see kids who are still championship hung over! And, some senior leaders who have not gotten it in their heads that THEY ARE SENIORS! I know for me it hit me mid season; I fully expect some of the "focus issues to go away as the sense of urgency goes up"!
Could be wrong................but unless you can't read between the lines or can't put yourself in the shoes of someone who has experienced that much success; it stands to reason right! Again, he said, " yeah, I can see that"! I walked on and said, " just wait"!

****I would be highly disappointed if this team continues to play w/o heart and fire. They have enough talent to compete for and win State! Yes, I know Greer, Hartsville, Lancaster, some other teams are looking really strong and powerful! But, unless i'm wrong about this bunch, "you will see a different Stallions team here really soon"!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:21 am

The 60’s & 70’s were the muscle car years, Toyota & Honda had nothing to compare. We definitely didn’t see any on cruise night or at the drag strip. That Datsun 240Z was cute but I preferred the 69 Camaro Z28. Honda did make a decent motorcycle though.
Last edited by 1 CAT FAN on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:58 am

Maybe you were oblivious but that time frame is widely regarded as one of the weakest----------> https://www.quora.com/Why-did-American-car-manufacturers-struggle-throughout-the-1970s 5thqtr doesn’t speculate much. But, maybe you were one of the few who did not get shotty craftsmanship during those years! The attached is just one of a plethora you can find w/o much effort about the years I mentioned.

Thanks!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 pm

It wasn’t as much the manufacturers as the government putting a stranglehold on them for environmental emissions and poor gas mileage from those fire breathing big block muscle cars. The big three have gotten their act together, I just love these modern day muscle cars, but nothing will never replace the legendary 69 Camaro.
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A