Good job Stallions!

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Good job Stallions!

Postby Mania » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:57 pm

I took in the SP game tonight due to the hurricane. What a gem of a game with some drama at the end. I missed the first half by not knowing the correct start time. Greenville looks formidable with a good qb, a Pitt commit. There is not a lot to take away from the game other than SP is not head and shoulders better than rest of 4a. There will probably be a lot of close calls this season if SP pulls off the 5-peat. SP has been really good at pulling out the close-call wins historically. They still have playmakers all over the field and will pull off some big plays at big moments. This team has the look of a traditional SP team so SP fans don't despair and the rest of the state don't be surprised.
Mania
JV

Re: Good job Stallions!

Postby region2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 pm

Don't feel so froggy. Greenville is good, but not that good. SP does still have playmakers, but something is missing this year. The loss to Rock Hill also dropped the aura of SP being unbeatable. And as things stand right now Greer is the best 4A team in the upstate. Got time before you will get to them, but they are going to get better as well.
region2
All-American

Postby sportguy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:40 am

def wont beat greer this year. Sorry SP The run is over ;)
sportguy
Freshman

Postby Mania » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 am

Two things missing this year from SP with the obvious being the elite kicking game and the not-so-obvious being an opportunistic defense. The kicking game won’t improve really. SP needs to work on creating more turnovers. The uglier they can turn games into, the better their chances of winning go up vs better teams. If they face an offensive juggernaut-type team and not get the turnovers or get the stops, they may be in trouble. The good news for everyone is there is no Dutch Fork in 4a. Even Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach have good qb play comparable to Greenville. Things can change, but 4a this year is shaping up to be one of most intriguing playoffs.
Mania
JV

Postby Wildstallion2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:41 pm

I was at the game last night,
South Pointe came out very flat again, I thought with them having the BY-WEEK last week that they would have been chomping at the bit to play, but their focus was off, the SP Quarterback broke the school record in passing yards in the previous game with NAFO, but last night he over threw the wide open receivers multiple times, Coach Herron said that there was just to many distractions this week with the Hurricane, and a former Star SP player being gunned down this week, and this was the reason they wore Black uniforms last night in his memory.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby region2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Mania.....you are correct. We forget about the kicking game. Potter was such a weapon for SP last year. And sometimes overlooked, or take for granted, because of Kendrick (who is as good as any athlete I have seen in HS football in years), and just the overall dominance of the team. But Potter was amazing. Very few kicks were returned, if any. And SP was in field goal range when they crossed midfield.
region2
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Whether or Not Greer is the best team in the upstate remains to be seen as far as I am concerned. I know they have impressive wins and strong point totals in those wins. No Doubt!
These are kids.............and complacency could have set in some. Sleep walking could have set in some. All b/c of lack of "vocal senior leadership or senior leadership of any kind"! Which i.m.o is what you all are referring to when you say: "something is missing"!
Eli Adams and some of the other more passionate seniors last year refused to be complacent. We have kids this year who have gone 4 years winning state championships, right! Grown men would be hard pressed to not get complacent. College kids too; ask Nick Saban! 4 and 5 star recruits galore and he sometimes has to shut down practice b/c they aren't working hard enough.
All that said; "when it gets cold and these kids (seniors) realize they are getting real close to never strapping up and playing h.s.ball - "I think you will see this team take the next step"! Just my opinion and obviously I could be way off. But, dang right, "SUCCESS MANAGEMENT" and dealing with complacency is a large part of this! I have to admit as a fan it gets to me too! Kind of like: "let's get to the playoffs"! Let's get to state! But, it don't work like that!
Just my two pennies!
Nothing wrong with some adversity for the Stallions program either BTW! It shouldn't always look easy! It's never easy.
If any of that "when you think about it" don't make sense; I don't know what else to tell you! Can that bite them; hadz yeah it can! And if it does; kudos to whoever knocks us out the playoffs ( if we are lucky enough to make it ). But, from a talent stand point, this team is solid! I am still waiting for a couple big names to break out and start taking charge of the locker room!
No Names - just hope these "two WR's" who have been mostly quiet and a DB who is committed will start being more demanding of their teammates! Push them and help instill a greater sense of urgency!
My two pennies!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:54 pm

BTW - Good Job Stallions as Mania said!

Good Job!

Good Job - everyone you have played this year and for the rest of this football season will view the game against you like: "IT'S THEIR FRIGGIN SUPER BOWL"! You can't have a bad game or be distracted(yes, we had a tragic distraction unfortunately and a coach who broke his ankle all in the same week). Give the other teams credit - they deserve it! WS2 and me are pretty much the only two Stallions fans who post "regularly". We don't brag or act like we are entitled to wins! We get it. Even the sun shines on a dogs . . . every now and then. And, every dog has his day!
Your everybody's Super Bowl and we aren't as talented as before where it didn't matter if teams were playing above their skill level.
We just have to endure and make it to the playoffs and I think we will be fine!

Still have 100% faith in this years Stallions "ABILITY" to make it to state and win it. But, the ability to do it and doing it are so different! Young Stallions - you got to go do it. Little details and extra work and it has to mean enough to you to give extra effort to make it happen. And it very well could if you do!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Return to Class 4A