Clover Not to resign with Huss & Forestview

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Clover Not to resign with Huss & Forestview

Postby hamp1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 am

Sources say Clover is not resigning with Huss & Forestview next season. The reason my source said was that coaches, fans, and parents were not happy with officiating of games. Well, I do not think their officials were the cause of the flags to be thrown. Last night against Ashbrook, Clover at Home had 118 yards in penalties and if I am not mistaking Clover is averaging around 110 yards per game in penalties. But its the officiating crews from Hunter Huss and Forestview causing this, I do not think so! This comes with all of Coach Lane’s Teams in the past which has been proven.
Lane made a statement earlier in the season when asked about playing the NC teams and he said something in the infect of he felt it was a great opportunity for both communities and they were all good teams to compete against. Well speaking with some other inside sources, the real reason is they are complaining some about officiating but they are mainly not happy with the facilities at either high school. It’s a shame and its come from a very good inside source. I know that a lot of the teams in Gaston County have to do a lot of fundraising to get basic items to compete. Clover’s budget has let them be relaxed and not worry about funds like they do. These schools are thankful for what they get and do not hesitate to take anyone to volunteer their time or money. But Clover feels that people volunteering and donating money want ownership in programs and not just want to see teams succeed. It scares the Good Old Boys that someone may outdo them or show them up.
In my opinion, this could be a BIG mistake in the future when the School District has to split into two High schools. That's not far off.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
Freshman

Re: Clover Not to resign with Huss & Forestview

Postby likeitRnot » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:36 am

Dude , do you have a man crush on Coach Lane??? OMG!! Did he come in and now little Jon Jon is basically a cheerleader! Coach Lane is a straight up dude. I'm sure you can go to him ..face to face (man to man) and let him know how concern you are.
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby hamp1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:43 am

First off there is no talking to the man because he thinks he’s above everyone else even his own coaches, WRONG!!!!!! Other coaches from other schools have even said that also. But so he and you know how good my source is I will tell you this. I know for a FACT he emailed the Hunter Huss Coach asking who the officials would be for the game. Well correct me if I am wrong but why would it matter. You either going to play or forfeit, a loss is a loss period. They got beat and they didn’t like it and Huss had just as many penalties as they did. The interception cost them the game at Huss in overtime.
Lane’s teams at Byrnes were known for their lack of composure. Most Rebel fans could not stand the turn Lane’s teams took in his “era”. Now, look what’s happening at Clover the Same thing. He wants to be liked, not respected. It is hard to earn respect when you do not have it your self. Coaches are responsible for their player’s action’s on the field, during school and any time representing the school. Same as the Coaches. Coaches that do not have a disciplined team will NEVER get anywhere and never have the respect of his players. Players acting this way disrespects the School District, Fans, Community and ESPECIALLY ALL the coaches they play for. But here again, the coaches do not respect each other either. Jordan was given a job by Coach Smith and Smith was the greatest thing that ever coached until he resigned. All he has done is talk BS about him when the man gave him a job when he was in need. And the Golden Child (Cook) and Family have stabbed every Coach in the back to help him move up. I guarantee they are working on Lane now. Where’s the team in the coaching staff. If you do not have respect and a team atmosphere in the coaching staff then how do you aspect the players to respect each other and play as a team and disciplined. The Next question is will the AD/Basketball coach resign with Hunter Huss in BasketBall. If I were the Huss coaches and AD I would tell Clover where they could stick their golden spoon fed BS and leave them hanging out to dry.
hamp1234
Freshman

Postby hamp1234 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:20 am

Hey all you viewers the water is fine just jump on in and stop riding the sidelines :lol:
hamp1234
Freshman

Postby FootballFan4343 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:11 pm

[quote=“hamp1234”]Sources say Clover is not resigning with Huss & Forestview next season. The reason my source said was that coaches, fans, and parents were not happy with officiating of games. Well, I do not think their officials were the cause of the flags to be thrown. Last night against Ashbrook, Clover at Home had 118 yards in penalties and if I am not mistaking Clover is averaging around 110 yards per game in penalties. But its the officiating crews from Hunter Huss and Forestview causing this, I do not think so! This comes with all of Coach Lane’s Teams in the past which has been proven.
Lane made a statement earlier in the season when asked about playing the NC teams and he said something in the infect of he felt it was a great opportunity for both communities and they were all good teams to compete against. Well speaking with some other inside sources, the real reason is they are complaining some about officiating but they are mainly not happy with the facilities at either high school. It’s a shame and its come from a very good inside source. I know that a lot of the teams in Gaston County have to do a lot of fundraising to get basic items to compete. Clover’s budget has let them be relaxed and not worry about funds like they do. These schools are thankful for what they get and do not hesitate to take anyone to volunteer their time or money. But Clover feels that people volunteering and donating money want ownership in programs and not just want to see teams succeed. It scares the Good Old Boys that someone may outdo them or show them up.
In my opinion, this could be a BIG mistake in the future when the School District has to split into two High schools. That’s not far off.[/quote]

Hate to burst your bubble on the "inside info" but unless Clover's agreement with those schools is on "odd years", then yes Clover will be playing them next year. Most teams are in the first year of 2 year deals for non-region games. So its safe to say Clover will see the same schedule next year, just reversed in terms of home vs. away. Now, in 2 years, who knows.
FootballFan4343
Varsity

Return to Class 5A