Chapman over Woodruff tonight

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Chapman over Woodruff tonight

Postby TIM » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Hot off press, Woodruff gave up a 4th qtr lead as the #2 ranked Chapman Panthers beat the #4 ranked Wolverines 42-31 at WL Varner Stadium.

From the looks of it, this could possibly be an early preview of the AAA Upperstate Title Game in late November.

Im sure Legend will fill us in on the details of what transpired tonight.
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Re: Chapman over Woodruff tonight

Postby 76 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:11 am

We all knew what Chapman has.
All should now know what this Woodruff team is about.
Heck of a ballgame.......we were right there.
Their long TD pass with less than a minute to go before half hurt.
17-14 instead of 17-7.
IMO this is the best coached Woodruff team in a long long time.
Congrads to Panthers.
Varsity

Postby wildcatnation843 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 am

Yeah that touchdown pass before halftime hurt a little then you add a holding penalty on the botched extra point try that led to Chapman going for two & cutting the lead to 3 at the half. I'll say this....Woodruff has an excellent quarterback. Both defenses need to improve in order to hang with Dillon. There were big gaps and running lanes all night long for both teams to make big plays. Keegan Halloran took off running quite a few times when Woodruff was backed up deep in Chapman territory and each time it led to scores. This was an exciting game to watch in the 3rd quarter when both offenses were driving it down the field at will. Chapman has something special working with #18 Smith running the ball but they need to use #4 in the backfield a little bit more. All in all I enjoyed my first trip to Varner Stadium, everything except the parking! I had to park at the church across the street from the stadium. What's up with that?
wildcatnation843
Varsity

Postby TIM » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:37 am

[quote=“76”]We all knew what Chapman has.
All should now know what this Woodruff team is about.
Heck of a ballgame.......we were right there.
Their long TD pass with less than a minute to go before half hurt.
17-14 instead of 17-7.
IMO this is the best coached Woodruff team in a long long time.
Congrads to Panthers.[/quote]

Ive heard that about this Woodruff team. He’s getting the most out the team and the boys are fundamentally sound plus playing their tails off!

Amazing what a good coach can do! Look no further than Gilbert High School. They’ve never been good—-picked up Chad Leaphart and now theyre winning region titles, beating Strom Thurmond for the 1st time ever and making deep runs in the playoffs.

Good luck, ill be up for the rematch in late November.
TIM
All-American

Postby Junkyard Dawg » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 am

Tough loss for Woodruff last night, but they were definitely in the game until late.
I concur with 76...Woodruff is a well coached team!
Hats off to Chapman...strong for the whole game, and when the momentum changed in the 4th, they took advantage
I'm going to go ahead and say it.....Woodruff has been a finesse team for multiple years...through multiple coaches. This team, and this coaching staff, play physical football. Woodruff, for years, has given up size to most teams they play, and couldn't compete on a physicality level....give this coach, and his staff a couple of years to develop some of these guys, and things are going to trend for the positive.
In my opinion, Coach Adams was EXACTLY the hire Woodruff Football needed!
Junkyard Dawg
JV

Postby TIM » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:12 am

[quote=“Junkyard Dawg”]Tough loss for Woodruff last night, but they were definitely in the game until late.
I concur with 76...Woodruff is a well coached team!
Hats off to Chapman...strong for the whole game, and when the momentum changed in the 4th, they took advantage
I’m going to go ahead and say it.....Woodruff has been a finesse team for multiple years...through multiple coaches. This team, and this coaching staff, play physical football. Woodruff, for years, has given up size to most teams they play, and couldn’t compete on a physicality level....give this coach, and his staff a couple of years to develop some of these guys, and things are going to trend for the positive.
In my opinion, Coach Adams was EXACTLY the hire Woodruff Football needed![/quote]

i miss the days when ST was very physical, fundamentally sound and was in every game until the end no matter who they played.
TIM
All-American

Return to Class 3A