My impression of Region 2

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

My impression of Region 2

Postby DHSCavsFan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:50 am

No doubt that region 2 is still the toughest region in the state.

Who should finish first: Gaffney, as painful as it is to admit this, their D is just too strong.

Note on Hillcrest: They will beat Riverside, Mauldin, Boiling Springs, and Spartanburg. I guess the question comes down how they will do against Byrnes and Gaffney, but they should finish top half of the region.

Biggest Disappointment: Spartanburg, they just have too much talent to be this bad. So, who wins between Boiling Springs and Spartanburg?

Riverside: I feel bad for them. How many players do they have, will they have enough to finish the season. If I was their coach, I would not bring up any JV or 9th grade players up to play varsity. try to build for the future.

Dorman: I know we got the W last nite, but Hillcrest could have easily won that game.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Re: My impression of Region 2

Postby racincowboy02 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:31 am

Gaffneys defense is very good the only tjing i have a concern about is our sophmore qb and how he handles region play moving forward with the likes of byrnes and dorman still on the schedule
racincowboy02
All-American

Postby DHSCavsFan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:02 am

racincowboy02 wrote:Gaffneys defense is very good the only tjing i have a concern about is our sophmore qb and how he handles region play moving forward with the likes of byrnes and dorman still on the schedule

Add Hillcrest too, they are real.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Postby 1CANNON » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:21 am

Gaffney could fall to Dorman, or Hillcrest after what I saw last night.
Maybe Byrne's too.
Gaffney hasn't faced a good offense yet. The D is fierce but has their weakness
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby NuclearCav90 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:26 am

[quote=“DHSCavsFan”]No doubt that region 2 is still the toughest region in the state.

Who should finish first: Gaffney, as painful as it is to admit this, their D is just too strong.

Note on Hillcrest: They will beat Riverside, Mauldin, Boiling Springs, and Spartanburg. I guess the question comes down how they will do against Byrnes and Gaffney, but they should finish top half of the region.

Biggest Disappointment: Spartanburg, they just have too much talent to be this bad. So, who wins between Boiling Springs and Spartanburg?

Riverside: I feel bad for them. How many players do they have, will they have enough to finish the season. If I was their coach, I would not bring up any JV or 9th grade players up to play varsity. try to build for the future.

Dorman: I know we got the W last nite, but Hillcrest could have easily won that game.[/quote]

I think this whole post is spot on.
NuclearCav90
JV

Postby region2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 am

Gaffney has a good defense. But to place it in the category that some seem to want to do is more a reflection of the schedule than anything else. Gaffneys defense has done what a defense of a program like Gaffneys should do to the schedule to date. They won't stop some teams in region like they have been. And Gaffney is loose with the discipline. Way too many penalties. That will come back to haunt you in close ball games. I still think Dorman is the class of the region, with Gaffney, Byrnes, Hillcrest, fighting it out for second. Probably followed up by BS. Spartanburg has some issues. Not sure if they have had a little dip in talent at key positions, or what they deal is. But this year is definitely not the norm under Miller at Spartanburg. As for Riverside......am sure those folks are just wanting the season over at this point.
region2
All-American

Postby Dorman#1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Dorman has an offense that they aren’t utilizing to their full potential yet! Hillcrest could’ve easily beat Dorman last night but Dorman couldve easily put up more points if they were to utilize the passing game more, you have 2 6’5 receivers that aren’t getting the touches on the ball that they should. Once Dorman learns how to utilize the passing game more they’ll be unstoppable!
YOU'RE NEXT!!

2x State Champions: 2000, 2009
Dorman#1
Varsity

Postby dodgem37 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Riverside has enough players, they dress about 35 to 40, I will just be glad to get to the Spartanburg game, that is the only one we have left that we have a chance to win.
Show no Mercy.... Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.....for your greatness will silence them all
dodgem37
JV

Postby region2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 pm

No they don't. I know Spartanburg is down. But Spartanburg being down, and Riverside's level are two different things. Riverside got curb stomped by Southside. Can't remember Southside curb stomping anyone over the last couple of decades. I appreciate the kids effort at Riverside. Almost have to admire those kids more than most as they go through the same grueling practices as the other teams, buy know that they will have little success on the field, if any. A tough situation they are in as far as football is concerned. And one I don't see changing anytime soon.
region2
All-American

Postby dodgem37 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:34 pm

[quote=“region2”]No they don’t. I know Spartanburg is down. But Spartanburg being down, and Riverside’s level are two different things. Riverside got curb stomped by Southside. Can’t remember Southside curb stomping anyone over the last couple of decades. I appreciate the kids effort at Riverside. Almost have to admire those kids more than most as they go through the same grueling practices as the other teams, buy know that they will have little success on the field, if any. A tough situation they are in as far as football is concerned. And one I don’t see changing anytime soon.[/quote] Riverside is starting its new recruiting program, they have signed a deal with BMW that any current 2nd string Skill player from any nearby 5A school willing to transfer to Riverside will receive a BMW 2 series to drive as long as they play football, within 1 or 2 years I think we will be on top of Region 2.....Go Warriors.....If you can't raise them, recruit them.
Show no Mercy.... Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.....for your greatness will silence them all
dodgem37
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A