Scisa Basketball Preview

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Scisa Basketball Preview

Postby CoachFerg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Would love to hear thoughts for this coming season!

3a Will Porter make it a 4 peat??? It will be the Josiah James show this season with Jake going to Yale and Aaron to Vandy. Also their little guard Denim W. Transferred to a school up north. I know they have a skinny 6’7 center but who else??? Cardinal Newman? Hammond? First Baptist might be the most under the radar team with everyone from last year returning and Mikey Dukes leading the way.

2a Is Spartanburg Day even going to have a team this year? Kidding! But they did lost a ton of seniors including Zion and their coach left for Erakine College. Christian Academy Myrtle beach also had a lot of seniors. Trinity Byrnes is always good. PCA lost everything! HHP has been good the past few years but always has a weak schedule.

1a Anderson list 5 seniors but they had to 6’5 juniors last year. Are they back? If so they will be at the top. Clarendon Hall I hear has about 10 transfers and should be really good. Cathedral is always good but can they break through the final 4? Seems like they lose their every year.

These are just my opinions and guesses. With the way kids transfer these days there could be plenty of teams who end up being terrible or really good.
CoachFerg
Freshman

Re: Scisa Basketball Preview

Postby SackThe_Back » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:53 am

Finally basketball!!!

As a kid whos played against quite a few of those teams,I have a O.K. feel for the SCISA charleston area basketball scene.

My money's on Porter Again this year, they're big and loaded and well coached. Mikey Dukes is giving up basketball in college, so I bet he gonna want to give First Baptist a great send off season. Cathedral seems loaded this year. A lot of the 1A schools will be down in charleston this year, easy region (Faith Christian, Chas. Collegiate, Ridge Christian, Coastal Christian, Crown Leadership)

HhP might make it happen this year.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby KSML » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 am

Anderson Christian is interesting. Their middle school teams are usually not great, and then we see new faces on the varsity team that were never on the middle school teams. Makes one say, "hmmmm..."

In girls basketball, my money is on Laurens Academy again. Ruthie Moore is an all-around athlete.
KSML
Freshman

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:09 pm

[quote=“SackThe_Back”]Finally basketball!!!

As a kid whos played against quite a few of those teams,I have a O.K. feel for the SCISA charleston area basketball scene.

My money’s on Porter Again this year, they’re big and loaded and well coached. Mikey Dukes is giving up basketball in college, so I bet he gonna want to give First Baptist a great send off season. Cathedral seems loaded this year. A lot of the 1A schools will be down in charleston this year, easy region (Faith Christian, Chas. Collegiate, Ridge Christian, Coastal Christian, Crown Leadership)

HhP might make it happen this year.[/quote]

It was my understanding that Dukes gave up basketball as of last year. Thre’s no roster for FB on Max Preps yet.

Hard to bet against PG in AAA, but T-B moves up this season and will certainly contend. AAA girls should come down to us, FB, or CN. The Cardinals’ superstar eighth grader is now a superstar freshman.

In AA with SDS likely no longer a factor and T-B in AAA, look for Northside Christian from Lexington to be a contender. PDA ought to contend in AA Girls.

In A Boys, it’s ACS’s to lose but if CH has 10 transfers as suggested, then that should make it interesting. LA has to be an overwhelming favorite in A Girls. I saw Ruthie play several times last year-she’s the real deal.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby CoachFerg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:54 am

The rumor that Mikey Dukes has given up basketball is false. Talk with their head coach weekly. I didn’t know TBA moved up to 3A that should be really interesting and make 2A boys compleatly wide open. I know HHP has been good the past few years but don’t know how many seniors they had last year. In 1A unless Anderson got some transfer guards in then I’m giving the favorite to Clarendon hall or Cathedral. They play each other twice this year so that should be fun
CoachFerg
Freshman

Postby Canedawg2140 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Shannon Forest makes an early statement in AA, winning the Impact Sports Invitational @ SCA, by beating Byrnes High, Irmo, and Hillcrest in successive days. David Muncy (North Greenville early signee) is tourney MVP.

SCA loses to Hillcrest by 10, beats Monticello (GA) by 11, loses to Mauldin by 8.
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains..."
Canedawg2140
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:31 pm

RWA boys beat Anderson Christian by 10 last night - what this means? We'll find out later
docgibbons
All-American

Postby CoachFerg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:06 am

Yeah I heard Richard Winn has a PG that left the school and went to Blythwood for a few years and is back now averaging 20+ a game. Mixed with their shooters and big man they should have a great season.

The other 1A teams to worry about look like Clarendon Hall, Beaufort, and Cathedral. Conway, Andrew Jackson, Newberry and Wardlaw will also be good behind those top 4.
CoachFerg
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:08 pm

[quote=“docgibbons”]RWA boys beat Anderson Christian by 10 last night - what this means? We’ll find out later[/quote]

AC got revenge last night by +15 - maybe the division will be a competitive mish-mash this year
docgibbons
All-American

Postby KSML » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 am

Where can we see wins and losses for SCISA basketball in one place? Max Preps? Is there a forum for basketball?
KSML
Freshman

Return to SCISA