1A State Championship: Green Sea-Floyds vs. Lamar

The conversation and activity is fast and furious on the Class 1A board. The schools may be small in enrollments but the hearts and support of the Class 1A fans are the biggest in South Carolina.

1A State Championship: Green Sea-Floyds vs. Lamar

Postby Old_School » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Lamar was always the favorite to represent the upper state in 1A even though Dixie definitely made them earn it. On the other side, NOBODY would have predicted that Green Sea-Floyds would win lower state. Lamar should still be a big favorite in the match up, but GSF is rolling on offense and they believe they can win. No matter what happens, GSF should be proud to play in the state championship game for the first time in school history.
Old_School
Freshman

Re: 1A State Championship: Green Sea-Floyds vs. Lamar

Postby SackThe_Back » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Big win for them.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby Blacknasty95 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 am

Should be a good one. A good offense (GSF) vs a good defense (Lamar). The question is can GSF make enough stops on defense because Lamar offense is also good.
Blacknasty95
Freshman

Postby Old_School » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:24 pm

[quote=“Blacknasty95”]Should be a good one. A good offense (GSF) vs a good defense (Lamar). The question is can GSF make enough stops on defense because Lamar offense is also good.[/quote]

I agree. I've watched GSF a couple times this year and they can run the football extremely well. They've got the Wing-T clicking right now. As far as their defense, their run defense was very good in the games I saw against C.E. Murray and Hemingway. However, they did stack the box a lot against both teams and their secondary was very vulnerable even when they didn't. I haven't watched Lamar this year but I did the last couple of years.
Old_School
Freshman

Postby Blacknasty95 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Lamar runs that misdirection type of offense. A lot of jet sweeps. You have to contain them because all they need is a small opening and their gone. Very quick. But also they can pass. They have a sneaky pass play where the receivers spread the D out and the running back sneaks up the middle of the field. If it's one on one, touchdown all day.
Blacknasty95
Freshman

Postby Old_School » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Despite 4 turnovers, GSF defeated Lamar 26-20. GSF wins their first ever state championship. Coach Donnie Kiefer has done an amazing job in a very short period of time. Excellent season by both teams.
Old_School
Freshman

Postby GatorFan87 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Congratulations to Green Sea on their first State Championship!
GatorFan87
Freshman

Return to Class 1A