News on North or Fox Creek Players?

The conversation and activity is fast and furious on the Class 1A board. The schools may be small in enrollments but the hearts and support of the Class 1A fans are the biggest in South Carolina.

Re: News on North or Fox Creek Players?

Postby jhs65 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:59 am

How much class would it show to take a knee on every down in the 4th quarter, or punt on 1st down. I think that would be rubbing it in more than running the score up.
There has been a lot of games I saw where a team would play their second and third teams to try to hold the score down, and the losing team kept their starters in, and those 2nd and 3rd stringers were being carried off the field hurt.
Go Bluff Dogs and Clemson Tigers
jhs65
All-American

Postby Williston-Elko » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:19 pm

jhs65 wrote:How much class would it show to take a knee on every down in the 4th quarter, or punt on 1st down. I think that would be rubbing it in more than running the score up.
There has been a lot of games I saw where a team would play their second and third teams to try to hold the score down, and the losing team kept their starters in, and those 2nd and 3rd stringers were being carried off the field hurt.

i agree with ya on that but there is alot of people on this site who think that have little timmy who is only 135 lbs and on the 2nd string go against a starter on the other team who is 180lbs but if you dont do that then you do not have class..
Williston-Elko
JV

Postby beaudiddley » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Williston-Elko wrote:
jhs65 wrote:How much class would it show to take a knee on every down in the 4th quarter, or punt on 1st down. I think that would be rubbing it in more than running the score up.

i agree with ya on that but there is alot of people on this site who think that have little timmy who is only 135 lbs and on the 2nd string go against a starter on the other team who is 180lbs but if you dont do that then you do not have class..

Little Timmy who ???????
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby Superman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Whatever... you can come up with any excuse you want. 130 pounders play against 270 pounders every game in 1A football and a good coach can call plays and place individuals in positions that they will not score- without taking a knee or punting on first down! Don't be ridiculous. I have experienced it from the sideline and witnessed it from the stands countless times!

Little Timmy Diddley! :lol: Got to take a stab at you Beau!
Superman
JV

Postby Williston-Elko » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Superman wrote:Whatever... you can come up with any excuse you want. 130 pounders play against 270 pounders every game in 1A football and a good coach can call plays and place individuals in positions that they will not score- without taking a knee or punting on first down! Don't be ridiculous. I have experienced it from the sideline and witnessed it from the stands countless times!

Little Timmy Diddley! :lol: Got to take a stab at you Beau!

I for one do not really care if they could hang a 100points but its the fact that some of these people are saying the team does not have class.. the team has class.. i say keep doing it.. It kinda makes other teams that play them think and say to themsleves, Dam this team is about to do to us what they did to the other team last week..
like i said i just wanted an up date on the Fox creek player and North players then someone turn on the hate card for Williston..
Williston-Elko
JV

Postby clutch » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:56 pm

I know some of the W-E kids personally and they are good kids that mean no disrespect by getting on the field and beating another team badly. But, I think superman has a good point also about not getting Salley, Staley, or any of your best players hurt by leaving them in during a rout. I've seen a lot of career ending injuries over the years happen when you least expect it. Let them sit out a bit more and do their conditioning during practice. They'll be ready when ball-bustin time comes. ;)
THE BEST OFFENSE IS A GOOD DEFENSE
clutch
Freshman

Postby jhs65 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:41 pm

I have seen players get injured because they were put at a position they had never played before when the coach was trying to hold down the score. I also remember when Clayton Chriswell put big defensive tackle Raymond Chavous at QB trying to hold the score down against Calhoun County. Big Raymond didn't get hurt, he just scored a TD. Some times you can't keep the score down. But when the game is decided, if the losing coach keeps all of his starters in, he shouldn't complain about the other team keeping theirs in. That's the time to put all the younger kids in.
Go Bluff Dogs and Clemson Tigers
jhs65
All-American

Postby #1 BLUE DEVIL » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Any player can get hurt in the 1st qtr as well as the 4th qtr in a 0 to 0 tie or a 100 to 0 blowout, if they don't go hard. That's just it, WE goes hard at it 4 qtrs 1st string, 2nd string it don't matter. WE plays every game and qtr like it's there last game and leave everything on the field.
#1 BLUE DEVIL
JV

Postby fbarraza28 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:20 am

Skechers Shoes
Nike Air Max
Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet Online
Kyrie 3
New Jordans
Pandora Jewelry
Coach Handbags
Pandora Jewelry Official Site