DUTCH FORK KING OF THE 5A HILL

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

DUTCH FORK KING OF THE 5A HILL

Postby Wildstallion2 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Tom Knotts feels pretty sure that no other 5A team in South Carolina can challenge them for the 5A State Title this upcoming 2018 season. https://www.wltx.com/article/sports/dut ... -547841125
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Re: DUTCH FORK KING OF THE 5A HILL

Postby silverfox92 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Can you blame him? 28-1 in the past two years since the class went to 5A and two state championships. DF pretty much returns everyone. The QB, both RBs, both leading receivers, the entire secondary returns, only lost 2 total starters from the DL/OL, not to mention adding more weapons from a JV squad that’s 40-0 in the past 4 years. When TK said we’re a better program, he meant the entire football program. It’s year around for Varsity, JV and Bteam and that’s what’s allowing these kids to get better because they are buying in to his system. How many teams do you know who won State Titles with Underclassmen at key positions all over the field? There’s not many, if any, I can tell you that.
silverfox92
JV

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Will the Dutch Fork vs Mallard Creek game be televised?
Image3A State Champions
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Postby Wildstallion2 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

1 CAT FAN wrote:Will the Dutch Fork vs Mallard Creek game be televised?

I don't think that it will be, Charlotte has weird rules about not airing football games, but I will tell you that Mallard Creek is recruiting hard to get ready for the big match up against Dutch Fork, check this out. https://ncpreps.rivals.com/news/mincy-m ... lard-creek
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby wavefan70s » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”]Can you blame him? 28-1 in the past two years since the class went to 5A and two state championships. DF pretty much returns everyone. The QB, both RBs, both leading receivers, the entire secondary returns, only lost 2 total starters from the DL/OL, not to mention adding more weapons from a JV squad that’s 40-0 in the past 4 years. When TK said we’re a better program, he meant the entire football program. It’s year around for Varsity, JV and Bteam and that’s what’s allowing these kids to get better because they are buying in to his system. How many teams do you know who won State Titles with Underclassmen at key positions all over the field? There’s not many, if any, I can tell you that.[/quote]
Several programs are year around.if you aren't you have no chance.as a matter of fact several sports are year around.(not a knock on df)im more or less just watching my kid at this point.
a little bigger and he may have a very good career. he won the strength portion at his 1st combine.seems to work hard.lot of work to do.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:46 pm

[quote=“wavefan70s”][quote=“silverfox92”]Can you blame him? 28-1 in the past two years since the class went to 5A and two state championships. DF pretty much returns everyone. The QB, both RBs, both leading receivers, the entire secondary returns, only lost 2 total starters from the DL/OL, not to mention adding more weapons from a JV squad that’s 40-0 in the past 4 years. When TK said we’re a better program, he meant the entire football program. It’s year around for Varsity, JV and Bteam and that’s what’s allowing these kids to get better because they are buying in to his system. How many teams do you know who won State Titles with Underclassmen at key positions all over the field? There’s not many, if any, I can tell you that.[/quote]
Several programs are year around.if you aren’t you have no chance.as a matter of fact several sports are year around.(not a knock on df)im more or less just watching my kid at this point.
a little bigger and he may have a very good career. he won the strength portion at his 1st combine.seems to work hard.lot of work to do.[/quote]

Yes I know a lot of programs are year around but not many coaches invest in their freshman’s and middle schoolers like Dutch Fork, South Pointe, Dillon, Abbeville, etc. these programs have their kids buying in and it’s a reason they win the way they do.
silverfox92
JV

Postby btango » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm

[quote=“Wildstallion2”][quote=“1 CAT FAN”]Will the Dutch Fork vs Mallard Creek game be televised?[/quote]
I don’t think that it will be, Charlotte has weird rules about not airing football games, but I will tell you that Mallard Creek is recruiting hard to get ready for the big match up against Dutch Fork, check this out. https://ncpreps.rivals.com/news/mincy-m ... lard-creek[/quote]

NCHSAA has rules on allowing live televised games. They had a contract with Time Warner that allowed them to do a title games, then playoff games, and finally regular season games. Before the regular season games happened Time Warner merged with Charter to form Spectrum and the shut down the local sports channels.
If the game were played on Thursday the NCHSAA may would grant a waiver. Not sure of the current situation on live telecast.

Mincy's father played in the NFL. They were making the move to Charlotte. Makes sense to go to a school that has a strong program in the area. (Neighboring school / rival Hough gets more elite players moving into the program.) I think the rising junior may be the better back but their different styles should work together very well.
btango
JV

Postby silverfox92 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:12 pm

[quote=“Wildstallion2”][quote=“1 CAT FAN”]Will the Dutch Fork vs Mallard Creek game be televised?[/quote]
I don’t think that it will be, Charlotte has weird rules about not airing football games, but I will tell you that Mallard Creek is recruiting hard to get ready for the big match up against Dutch Fork, check this out. https://ncpreps.rivals.com/news/mincy-m ... lard-creek[/quote]

Hmmm that’s an interesting and sudden move for a kid who had a bettter opportunity to play in California and get offers from pac 12 schools. I watched some film on him and he looks pretty good. DF also has a 3 star running back just a junior in Ron Hoff 5’10” 190 with great speed and finished his freshman season as a Maxpreps AA. He sat out half the season last year but returned just in time to showcase his potential versus FD and Dorman. If he has a complete and healthy season this kid will blow up I guarantee it!
silverfox92
JV

Postby Carolinasports » Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“Wildstallion2”][quote=“1 CAT FAN”]Will the Dutch Fork vs Mallard Creek game be televised?[/quote]

Hmmm that’s an interesting and sudden move for a kid who had a bettter opportunity to play in California and get offers from pac 12 schools. I watched some film on him and he looks pretty good. DF also has a 3 star running back just a junior in Ron Hoff 5’10” 190 with great speed and finished his freshman season as a Maxpreps AA. He sat out half the season last year but returned just in time to showcase his potential versus FD and Dorman. If he has a complete and healthy season this kid will blow up I guarantee it![/quote]

It was not a sudden move and he already had numerous Pac 12 offers. He will be sharing the backfield with, who many believe’s a better back. Junior Trent Simpson who is now 6′2” 220lb RB with NC,SC & Colorado State offers and numerous WR’s.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby wavefan70s » Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“wavefan70s”][quote=“silverfox92”]Can you blame him? 28-1 in the past two years since the class went to 5A and two state championships. DF pretty much returns everyone. The QB, both RBs, both leading receivers, the entire secondary returns, only lost 2 total starters from the DL/OL, not to mention adding more weapons from a JV squad that’s 40-0 in the past 4 years. When TK said we’re a better program, he meant the entire football program. It’s year around for Varsity, JV and Bteam and that’s what’s allowing these kids to get better because they are buying in to his system. How many teams do you know who won State Titles with Underclassmen at key positions all over the field? There’s not many, if any, I can tell you that.[/quote]
Several programs are year around.if you aren’t you have no chance.as a matter of fact several sports are year around.(not a knock on df)im more or less just watching my kid at this point.
a little bigger and he may have a very good career. he won the strength portion at his 1st combine.seems to work hard.lot of work to do.[/quote]

Yes I know a lot of programs are year around but not many coaches invest in their freshman’s and middle schoolers like Dutch Fork, South Pointe, Dillon, Abbeville, etc. these programs have their kids buying in and it’s a reason they win the way they do.[/quote]
I believe fort D does the same.
check your pm .lol
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Next

Return to Class 5A