Northwestern's Players' Lounge

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Northwestern's Players' Lounge

Postby Trojanlatex » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Are you stupid or just an idiot? How many times do they have to say this was from private donations. What are you digging for? Seem like you bitter for whatever reason. Maybe you are highly intelligent and finacially set for life, don't try to make more out this than it is.
Maybe you never got the breaks these young men got and it irks you, but grow up man.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby 3-3 Stack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:58 pm

[quote=“Trojanlatex”]Are you stupid or just an idiot? How many times do they have to say this was from private donations. What are you digging for? Seem like you bitter for whatever reason. Maybe you are highly intelligent and finacially set for life, don’t try to make more out this than it is.
Maybe you never got the breaks these young men got and it irks you, but grow up man.[/quote]
Speaking of stupid, you did see the "if", right? Not bitter at all. As a person that played at the next level, I know what lessons I took away from sports. They weren't learned from playing Xbox in an player's lounge. I will reiterate, the money was foolishly spent. Glad private funds were used. It still is coddling and won't help one kid score a high enough SAT to get into college. So enjoy your "lounge."
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby Trojanlatex » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 pm

[quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“Trojanlatex”]Are you stupid or just an idiot? How many times do they have to say this was from private donations. What are you digging for? Seem like you bitter for whatever reason. Maybe you are highly intelligent and finacially set for life, don’t try to make more out this than it is.
Maybe you never got the breaks these young men got and it irks you, but grow up man.[/quote]
Speaking of stupid, you did see the “if”, right? Not bitter at all. As a person that played at the next level, I know what lessons I took away from sports. They weren’t learned from playing Xbox in an player’s lounge. I will reiterate, the money was foolishly spent. Glad private funds were used. It still is coddling and won’t help one kid score a high enough SAT to get into college. So enjoy your “lounge.”[/quote]
Anusol is on sale....get you some. I'm sure your SAT scores were better than anyone that has ever taken the test. There are plenty of people that didn't go to college and their life turned out just fine. There are plenty of people that went to college and not worth a dime...so what's your point?
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby racincowboy02 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 am

3-3 Stacks have you ever stopped to think that maybe they did the lounge to keep the kids at the school and give them something to do when they have 2 a days or before and after they go to the 7 on 7 passing leagues to help them pass the time and to help them bond as a team i get what you are saying about public money and all but it makes sense to me to have the lounge to help the team bond and have a place where they can go to keep the team together as it will be a long summer and there will be a lot of work that will go into the summer
racincowboy02
All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 am

[quote=“racincowboy02”]3-3 Stacks have you ever stopped to think that maybe they did the lounge to keep the kids at the school and give them something to do when they have 2 a days or before and after they go to the 7 on 7 passing leagues to help them pass the time and to help them bond as a team i get what you are saying about public money and all but it makes sense to me to have the lounge to help the team bond and have a place where they can go to keep the team together as it will be a long summer and there will be a lot of work that will go into the summer[/quote]
I got all that. After re-reading I saw where it said private donations and fund raisers were used to pay for it. Broken Condom wants to be personally rude, and that's fine. My thoughts still lean toward coddling, but they are free to do with their money what they want. The ignorant comment about not going to college is just that, ignorant. If a kid has a chance to play in college, but can't get in because of scores, well that's where I was going.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 am

[quote=“Trojanlatex”][quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“Trojanlatex”]Are you stupid or just an idiot? How many times do they have to say this was from private donations. What are you digging for? Seem like you bitter for whatever reason. Maybe you are highly intelligent and finacially set for life, don’t try to make more out this than it is.
Speaking of stupid, you did see the “if”, right? Not bitter at all. As a person that played at the next level, I know what lessons I took away from sports. They weren’t learned from playing Xbox in an player’s lounge. I will reiterate, the money was foolishly spent. Glad private funds were used. It still is coddling and won’t help one kid score a high enough SAT to get into college. So enjoy your “lounge.”[/quote]
Anusol is on sale....get you some. I’m sure your SAT scores were better than anyone that has ever taken the test. There are plenty of people that didn’t go to college and their life turned out just fine. There are plenty of people that went to college and not worth a dime...so what’s your point?
[/quote]
Better than yours.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby PurpleandOrange » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm

3-3 Stack wrote:If a kid has a chance to play in college, but can't get in because of scores, well that's where I was going.

The bottom line is this is being used as another tool to keep the kids focused and in an environment where they can be encouraged. As for test scores they are of the upmost importance and I can't recall the exact number of players but they set a record at NW this year with the football team GPA.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby 3-3 Stack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:48 pm

[quote=“PurpleandOrange”][quote=“3-3 Stack”]If a kid has a chance to play in college, but can’t get in because of scores, well that’s where I was going.[/quote]
The bottom line is this is being used as another tool to keep the kids focused and in an environment where they can be encouraged. As for test scores they are of the upmost importance and I can’t recall the exact number of players but they set a record at NW this year with the football team GPA.[/quote]
I hope so. I am not anti-football or kid. Just wanted to make sure it's all being done for the right reasons.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 5A