DILLON PLAYER HAS VERBALLY COMMITTED

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

DILLON PLAYER HAS VERBALLY COMMITTED

Postby Wildstallion2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:22 pm

One of Dillon's 4-Star players Shamar McCollum makes a verbal commitment to Wake Forest. https://palmettopreps.rivals.com/news/d ... playmaking
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Re: DILLON PLAYER HAS VERBALLY COMMITTED

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Wednesday, the Deacs picked up someone who is nothing but one big motor. Shamar McCollum is a player who people are going to be ecstatic about once he hits the field. Rated a 4 star by Rivals and a high 3 star by 24/7. It’s very nice to get a recruiting win over Oregon, Mizzou, Arkansas, and Duke.
    “What does this mean for Wake?”

“How does he fit in to the team?”

To answer the first question, this is big. It’s a huge recruiting win and this is the 3rd (count ’em) 4* recruit to commit to Wake. For a bit of context, Wake only had four 4* recruits sign total since 2002.
      So how does he fit in? It’s always a champagne problem when you get a good player and this question pops up. It looks like Boogie Basham and Chris Calhoun will be the starters with Mike Allen and Manny Walker backing them up. Wake loves to rotate in fresh bodies and it someone with this sort of motor and explosiveness will fit right in with that rotation along with Isaiah Chaney and Will Smart. If he needs to redshirt a year? Great! He can play in 4 games and get some experience and not burn a year. If he’s good enough to play and even start? Play him. It’s a win-win.

Shamar slides in as the 3rd highest rated player to commit to the Deacs for the 2019 class, and I couldn’t be more than thrilled with him. I would look for Wake to add a couple of more pieces but I wouldn’t be shocked for the waters to die down a bit as there’s a month left before school starts back up and people could wait until later to make their decisions.

Regardless this would be an amazing class even as constructed, but I’m excited to see what this class can do.

Is it football season yet?
        https://www.bloggersodear.com/2018/7/13/17567058/2019-football-recruiting-the-middle-class-gets-richer-wake-forest-shamar-mccollum
        1 CAT FAN
        All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Richardwfu wrote:Another massive pickup. This kid is an absolute beast off the edge. Extremely quick, explosive and athletic. Was highly sought after and we will have to continue to fight off multiple programs to keep him. At the rivals 5 star challenge, many were calling him the MVP of the first part of the day. Great job by the coaching staff!
          https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/27461-Wake-Forest-Football-Recruiting/page179
            I agree with this guy. Clemson has shown some interest, will Dabo pull the trigger and make an offer?
            1 CAT FAN
            All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:00 pm

SEC Network’s Greg McElroy was on the show CFB Live on Monday and gave his view of the distinct differences in recruiting between Clemson and SEC schools like Alabama, Texas A&M, and Georgia.

“I think it just depends on the player and that is the beauty of college football,” he said. “It’s what you are into. If you want to go to a place that is going to have Putt-Putt and great music at practice and you want to have fun in the week leading up to the game, then you can go to places like Florida State or Clemson. If you want to go to a place that is all about winning, all about X’s and O’s, all about trying to define what the values of the organization are there are places like that for you. Like Alabama, like Texas A&M, like Georgia. I think there is something for everybody.”

The Tigers have a streak of seven consecutive seasons of 10+ wins which is tied for the sixth-longest streak in FBS history. If Clemson isn’t ‘all about winning,’ not sure a beaming example should be the Texas A&M program. The Aggies lost to Wake Forest 55-52 in last season’s Belk Bowl.
              https://www.tigernet.com/update/ESPN-analyst-Go-to-Clemson-to-have-fun-but-win-at-SEC-schools-30451
                Clemson visits Texas A&M September 8 @ 7pm on ESPN.
                1 CAT FAN
                All-American

Return to Class 3A